Storefront window graphics continue to be a high-impact method of advertising. Once only achieved by hand painting, these graphics can now be printed, cut, and installed in a fraction of the time. They can be traditional in style such as ornate gold lettering or they can contain heavily rendered imagery.
With a little creativity, windows can feature a message that stops passersby in their tracks. Think of what an engaging window graphic could do for business. An attractive window decal can be enough to draw in customers and boost business. As an added bonus, this inexpensive form of advertising yields a profitable return compared to other signage.
Different Types of Print Media for Window Applications
- Window cling film is popular for inside applications because it does not have an adhesive backing, making installing and re-positioning a breeze. Virtually anyone can install this type of graphic.
- Cut vinyl can mimic hand-painted window graphics and lettering. Metallic foils such as gold or silver can be used to achieve a classic and sophisticated look.
- One-way film (perforated) – This type of media is popular when privacy is important. In daylight, viewers from the outside cannot see inside.
- Clear window film is a great choice for general-purpose window signage that allows limited light through. It is ideal for back-lit applications.
- General-purpose opaque vinyl is available in a variety of options for short-term or long-term applications. It can be a good option when considering low-cost window signage. Simple rectangle graphics can usually be installed by a “non-professional” although professional installation is always recommended for best results.
Every Storefront Window Should Have Graphics
Why would a store owner want to use their windows to display vinyl graphics? Depending on the substrate used, they can be easy to install, replace, and remove. Since they are not a permanent fixture, such as a wooden sign, these graphics can, in many cases, be installed without a permit from the town or city.
Businesses of all types can benefit from utilizing their windows as a blank canvas for graphics. Restaurants, retails stores, law offices, breweries and pubs, barber shops, coffee shops, service providers, hotels, realtors, corporate buildings… the list goes on and on – Yes, they all need window graphics. If window space is available it should be occupied with attractive graphics.
In short, window graphics are a cost-effective and highly customizable form of advertising. When executed correctly, they can transform a location. Still not convinced? Install one and see how it might change your business for the better.